Monday, November 17, 2014

October 2014 Birchbox Review!

Birchbox October 2014 Review!
Day #3 of catching up on posts!

This month's box took FOREVER to arrive! I just got it last week, I think... I recently moved so the address change screwed things up. Anyway! I liked all the contents this month, yay! This has become a rare event! 



Camille Beckman: Tuscan Honey Glycerine Hand Therapy (7.1g/.25oz) = $0.58 value 

Dr. Lipp: Original Nipple Balm for Lips (3mL) = $2.90 value

This works great for super chapped lips! Not as good as bag balm though! I know some people are weirded out about buying something that was made for cow udders, but seriously... come on!! It's a great product for dry skin and it's WAY cheaper than these fancy products we want to buy because it's out there and makes all these fancy claims. The packaging for Bag Balm is really cute too ;)

Yeaaa, that just turned into another rant... Well, the nipple lip balm is great too! Oh, and it's thicker than bag balm so if you prefer thick balms this is your thing!


Jouer: Matte Moisture Tint in Nude (5mL) = $3.80 value

This was pretty thick compared to my Neutrogena tinted moisturizer, but it was ok mixed together. I need more coverage bc I have a terrible habit of picking at my skin while I'm studying which led to some discoloration where the scars are or are fading... but the thick foundations settle into my smile lines, which I HATE! So... tinted moisturizer with concealer is my go to... Anyway, this had pretty good coverage but was too thick for me, it felt like a foundation, not a tinted moisturizer.


Lord & Berry: Paillettes Glitter Eye Pencil in Black (0.4g [~1/3 size of reg. eye pencil) = $6 value

I wore this on Halloween (I didn't dress up so I thought I'd at least add some sparkle to my eyelids hahah). It went on fairly smooth and didn't smudge. The glitter wasn't really noticeable, but maybe if you applied layers it would show up more.


Toni & Guy: Casual Sea Salt Texturizing Spray (75mL) = $5.52 value

This is a pretty big sample, yay! I used this today after washing my hair, so it was damp. The directions say to use it on dry hair. It didn't do anything to my hair, so I'm going to try it on dry hair tomorrow and see how it works, if I remember I'll update the results here or message me about it and I'll reply asap! ;)


Sarah McNamara: Miracle Skin Transformer - Miracle Revival Mud (7g) = $2.50 value

---------------------------- ---------------------------- ---------------------------- ---------------------------- 


Nice!

-xo,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment