Thursday, September 18, 2014

Birchbox Review August 2014


Birchbox August 2014 Review!

Not as late as my July review, lol, but still catching up!



Some shiny goodies in there...

Looks fancyyy, however, this makeup remover was not effective for me. I used it after applying some (non-waterproof) mascara that I received in the Beautybox5 and gel pencil liner from Julep. I'm pretty sure I used as per the instructions, but I still had quite a bit of black makeup still on my eyes after rinsing off this balm. I think I prefer using baby oil or plain face lotion to remove my eye makeup. Oh they're WAY cheaper options!


Juliette Has a Gun Not a Perfume:
I was really happy with this [not] perfume sample! I loooved the smell! Too bad it's so pricey! Maybe one dayyyyy <3

It's a little dark for me so I mixed it with a tinted moisturizer I use daily and it was perfect. It provided more coverage than my tinted moisturizer which is perfect for days I have a bad breakouts... like the past couple weeks :( It was pretty thick so I don't think I could wear it without mixing with my thinner tinted moisturizer. It would settle in my smile lines, blehhh. 



This bronzer is pretty nice! Smooth and soft consistency, and can be layered for darker "bronze" look if you want or use it as eyeshadow! It wasn't too shimmery/glittery either, which is a good thing in my book! And who doesn't love a full-size product in their sample box?!


Yippee... yet ANOTHER Supergoop lotion in my box... I get one in almost EVERY box!! Come on Birchbox! Mix it up!! I'm sooo tired of Supergoop. Receiving so many of their samples is making me not want them which means I won't buy the product. I don't know why, I think I'm just associating the product with my annoyance at getting their products so often. Maybe a tad irrational, but I don't care, I want variety!! And really I prob wouldn't need to buy sunscreen for another year because of how many Supergoop samples I've received! 

Ok, done with the rant. I have to be honest, I haven't even tried this hand cream yet so I won't review it lol. I'm sure it's a great quality product though. I've been satisfied with their other sunscreens.

As with the other post, if I get time to total up the value I'll update the post :)

What did you think of last month's Birchbox? What goodies did you receive?

xo,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment